Pages

Experimenting with watercolours.


One of my current obsessions is the work by Marion Bolognesi. I find it so beautiful and so simply enchanting and it has been something I have wanted to try my hand at for a while. Having no idea how it actually worked, I set out with watercolour pencils, standing the journal up and just letting it dry.
It worked ok, but not how I imagined it. I do like the purple coffee cup one though and I think its because I drew the cup in ink and then used water.

After doing these two, I jumped online and looked other peoples work. What I found is that they probably used a mix of water colour pencils, paint and gouache to get the colours and streaks to appear more vibrant, so next time I will try it with those things.

Regardless, this was an awesome way to spend a rainy and cold afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...